How to Execute Video Content
Just use your iphone and have a muscular sales rep give a 2 minute pitch on the taste and price of your products. WRONG!!
Brands take the time to strategically formulate products and price them appropriately, they should use the same strategic approach when creating video content.
Let’s face it, the target audience are the millennials. They are conditioned to know the difference between a commercial and a quality piece of content within about 4 seconds. So how do you create video that creates brand awareness, pitches your product but doesn’t come off like a commercial? Follow these simple steps;
- Make the video entertaining. The more entertaining it is, the greater chance they continue to watch, subscribe, share or buy.
- Make the video unique. As a connoisseur of fitness/sports supplement videos, I’ve seen probably ten thousand shoulder workout videos. Do something no one has done before.
- Shoot it professionally. Have a high quality camera, video team, sound recording equipment, lighting, etc. Also, professional edits, with music and graphics are an absolute necessity. With so much high quality video on the internet, we need to meet the viewers expectations.
- Use a balance of reality, scripted, vlog and B-roll.
- Strategic product or brand placement is the way to go. Keep it subtle, everyone knows what you’re in the business to sell. Something as simple as a branded shirt, water bottle or shaker may just be enough to convert to sales.
I have always admired the YouTube channels of Bodybuilding.com and Muscle & Strength. It’s clear they have done their due diligence on what type of videos resonate with the consumer.
If you’re looking to try to come up with a plan for video, start your research with those two YouTube channels.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!